Saturday, September 18, 2010

MilitaryIssuedLove.Net

OK, I haven't posted on here about my baby - so here's the post. I started MilitaryIssuedLove.net over a year ago when I had a "problem" or two on another message board. Many people believe I was and am a much uglier person than I could ever dream of being, and with that believed I would set out to hurt a pregnant woman and her unborn child which were already dealing with complications and a number of other things on top of that. Due to this, problems got worse and I was eventually booted - along with a few other members, who are quite the "posse," by the way. You never know who your TRUE friends are until you're kicked off a message board ;)

So I started the board. It started out as just a place for all of us and a few others to find support since we were no longer welcome on that board, but it turned into something so incredibly different. First and foremost, it became a place for all of us to congregate, to get together, as if we were in the same building, all sitting in the same room, getting to know each other and loving and supporting each other in every way we can. Second, it became a place and maybe even, technically, an "organization," in which I could use to reach out and help people while supporting them in everyway that I (we) could and touching their lives the way the members of MIL•net and other military supporters have touched mine.. Third, it became a pay it forward type movement for me. So many people have attempted to help me through my journey with the military, both as a possible member and as a spouse. If I can connect those people with other people who have done the same, maybe they can help each other and maybe I can help them, too. In doing such, it's allowed for everyone whose helped me to find help that they may sometimes need. It's kind of a vicious cycle, when I'm not in the middle of things trying to help others, they're trying to help me - no matter how often I try to avoid their help :) It's become a place where I can bring together the many people who support our Troops more than the average patriot and allow them to work closely with organizations such as Bubba's Belly Run, the American Widow Project, Flat Daddies, the VA, etc.

MiL•net is a place for those who support the men and women of our armed forces to find support for themselves. It's a place where we stop becoming strangers over the internet, and we become best friends and family. It's a place where we understand how scary not receiving one phone call, text, message, email, letter, or receiving a knock on the door unexpectedly can be. It's a place where we know what it's like to live by instant messengers and in way too close proximity to that cell phone attached to your hand. It's where we understand what not to say to a deployed spouse or family member. It's where we understand that sometimes it's important to just not talk about ANYTHING military related, and just pretend like it's a life you don't live for just a moment.. We understand.

http://militaryissuedlove.net

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed & degraded state of moral & patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless made & kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

1 comment:

Warren Baldwin said...

Linked here from another military family blog. Thanks to your husband for serving and to you for your willingness for him to. My wife is the daughter of a career Air Force Vet. He was in Korea and Viet Nam. She remembers the year he spent in VN, and her mother crying when he left. People don't know the stress on military families.

Like the quote in the last paragraph of this post.

God bless you guys,
wb